Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Late to the Party: MAC Vanilla Pigment



There are many benefits to cleaning out and reorganizing your makeup kit. For example, the always delightful "Oh, wow, I forgot I had this!" moment. This happened to me recently when I discovered a tiny jar hidden in the back of one of the trays of my traincase - MAC Vanilla Pigment.

Have you used this product? I've heard lots of people raving about it and it is often mentioned as one of the "must haves" in several MAC Master classes I've taken. I probably picked it up during one of those said classes, gave it a home in my kit, and then promptly forgot about it.

Well it was good timing that I re-discovered it as I had a bridal trial this past Sunday. I was getting ready to apply some highlighter, when it occurred to me that this was a perfect opportunity to make use of the Vanilla pigment!

Now you have to be careful with these because there's no sifter or anything. And in all honesty, I usually avoid pigments because I'm terrified of spilling them everywhere. :) There is a thin plastic lid on top that had just enough pigment on it so I applied it from there using a small duo fiber brush (specifically, my Costco version of the MAC 188 brush).

Making sure to tap off any excess, I applied it to the top of her cheekbones and it looked beautiful! It's one of those colors that you can't really see but as she turns her face, you'll see a really pretty sheen and glow and it really lights up her face! It looks to be golden-pinkish in color with just enough shimmer. I also added a bit to her eyes as well - under the arch of her brows and by her inner tear ducts.

I really loved the overall effect, looked very "bridal" to me. The product is also multi-purpose, I've read how other peeps have actually mixed a bit of the vanilla pigment with their foundation to give their face a more dewy, glowy look!

Let me know if you use this product and what you think about it, or if you have a different "must have" product for highlighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...