Friday, January 2, 2009

Playing with Make-up: Blue / Turquoise / Lime Green look

Lately, I've been following a lot of make-up/beauty websites (ex. MakeUp Geek, Temptalia, Pursebuzz, Makeup and Beauty Blog)and I love when they do "look" posts. Basically, they show pics of a certain make-up look and then break down what products they used to achieve that look.

So please don't make fun of me... but I decided to try it myself! My disclaimer: I know I'm not a make-up expert or anything, I'm just *playing* here :) I'm not going to call these tutorials or anything, I just thought it would be fun to show some of the looks I've been playing around with.

I decided to do a bold and bright look for New Year's Eve. I tried this out on my sister once and it was really pretty so I thought I'd give it a try on myself. To give it an extra "kick", I added false eyelashes!

Blue / Turquoise / Lime Green Look



What I used (eyes only):

  • Mary Kay eye primer to prevent creasing
  • MAC Blackground paint pot on lid to help deepen color and make the eyeshadows really pop (otherwise, they don't show up on my skin...)
  • MAC Deep Truth (royal blue) eyeshadow (e/s) on outer third of lid
  • Prescriptives Marine (turquoise) e/s in middle of lid

  • Mary Kay Lemongrass (light lime green) e/s in inner lid
  • Repeat colors along lower lash line with a pencil brush
  • MAC Carbon (matte black) in outer corners for more depth
  • MAC Shroom (shimmery off white) as highlight under brow bone and in tear ducts

  • Bobbi Brown black ink gel eyeliner on upper lid
  • MAC Engraved power point pencil to line bottom waterline
  • Modlash false eyelashes in #21 (super cheap at the drugstores) - second time wearing them, still getting the hang of it. They definitely finish the look better than my skimpy lashes!
  • MAC Cork (light brown) e/s to fill in my brows

Another shot of the finished look:



I really liked it. A lot bolder than what I normally feel comfortable wearing, but I figured NYE was a perfect time to give it a try!

Let me know what you think! (interesting? lame? ok, maybe not that harsh - hahahaha)

6 comments:

  1. We should do make-overs for going out in SF in early Feb! So fun Audrey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh so pretty. Maybe not as good as the makeup job I did for you years ago...but close! hahahah

    Are you going to do our makeup for Grace's wedding? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did a beautiful job~ very very professional. good job on the lashes, too! i think you're ready for videos;) i may have to buy the mac shadow you used on your brows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Audrey, I love it!!! I am so impressed! You need to be on my team so you can do eye makeup. We just have to get you switched from MAC to MK.;) Check it out too - you are so on trend! We have a very similar look with the same green eye shadow you used and a navy in our latest Look Book:
    http://www.marykay.com/diane_henry/shopcatalog/layout_14-15.aspx
    Seriously, it looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omigosh, I LOVE this look! Were you ever a make up artist?? Can we play make up one day? Seriously, I love make up! I worked for Aveda one summer and they let me do make up but man, you're waaay better than me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I read this post after the other one. Yes, Julianne, we are going to make Audrey play make up with us one day! Seriously. You can consider it your public service act of 2009 :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...