So please don't make fun of me... but I decided to try it myself! My disclaimer: I know I'm not a make-up expert or anything, I'm just *playing* here :) I'm not going to call these tutorials or anything, I just thought it would be fun to show some of the looks I've been playing around with.
I decided to do a bold and bright look for New Year's Eve. I tried this out on my sister once and it was really pretty so I thought I'd give it a try on myself. To give it an extra "kick", I added false eyelashes!
Blue / Turquoise / Lime Green Look
What I used (eyes only):
- Mary Kay eye primer to prevent creasing
- MAC Blackground paint pot on lid to help deepen color and make the eyeshadows really pop (otherwise, they don't show up on my skin...)
- MAC Deep Truth (royal blue) eyeshadow (e/s) on outer third of lid
- Prescriptives Marine (turquoise) e/s in middle of lid
- Mary Kay Lemongrass (light lime green) e/s in inner lid
- Repeat colors along lower lash line with a pencil brush
- MAC Carbon (matte black) in outer corners for more depth
- MAC Shroom (shimmery off white) as highlight under brow bone and in tear ducts
- Bobbi Brown black ink gel eyeliner on upper lid
- MAC Engraved power point pencil to line bottom waterline
- Modlash false eyelashes in #21 (super cheap at the drugstores) - second time wearing them, still getting the hang of it. They definitely finish the look better than my skimpy lashes!
- MAC Cork (light brown) e/s to fill in my brows
Another shot of the finished look:
I really liked it. A lot bolder than what I normally feel comfortable wearing, but I figured NYE was a perfect time to give it a try!
Let me know what you think! (interesting? lame? ok, maybe not that harsh - hahahaha)